Does your project seem like pushing a boulder uphill?
Would you like to implement change with more influence, confidence and impact?
If your job is to implement change in your organization, I’m guessing at least one and probably more of the following statements is true:
- Despite your efforts to get everyone on board and doing what they need to do, it’s not happening as quickly or as smoothly as you’d like (or as others expect).
- When it comes to your initiative, there is a lack of follow through by others in the organization. Colleagues make it clear they have other priorities that crowd your project out.
- Those who need to change the way they work are reacting in ways you didn’t expect, blocking progress.
- Leaders do things that make you cringe, knowing they send the wrong message about the change they supposedly support.
Yet, despite your frustration, you know the initiative will benefit the organization and those who work in it. You strive to make a positive impact, and you want to be known as someone who can get things done. You’d like to believe you have what it takes to make it happen. You just don’t know how to get beyond your current challenges.
I want you to know: You can do it.
I’ve worked with professionals in many different roles and projects – strategic planning, project management, process improvement, human resources, sustainability, information technology – who, like you, wanted to make a difference but felt stuck.
And they found a way to get the attention the initiative deserved. They figured out how to get leaders to properly support the change and how to reduce resistance of those going through the change. They got the project unstuck and moving again. They achieved results, and they were recognized as someone who can get things done.
Like them, you might just need a little help to push the boulder up the hill. A partner who works behind the scenes to help you figure out the steps you can take to make progress in your specific situation. A coach who helps you become an influential change agent.
Sound good? Here’s how you can get the boost your change initiative needs:
3 months – 9 sessions
How Does Coaching Work?
Coaching is a series of one-on-one conversations, usually over the phone, in which we figure out how you can be the most influential in your specific situation. The frequency I’ve found works best is three 45-minute coaching sessions per month.
At the beginning, we’ll come up with overarching goals that you want to accomplish by the end of the program. Then, during each session, we’ll work toward achieving them by finding solutions to your real-life challenges. It’s as simple as that!
The beauty of coaching is that you are not sitting in a room away from your job, learning concepts that may or may not be applicable to your situation. Instead, you are taking time to be deliberate about your next steps and learning how you can be influential – and then doing it! With coaching, you make progress on you and your job without any extra fluff.
There is no silver bullet to implement change. The details of what we work on will depend on your initiative, your organization and yourself. In general, as my coaching client, you will:
- Figure out with confidence how to influence people in your organization
- Increase your personal influence while still being yourself
- Learn change management methodology and influence techniques through real-life application.
- Make steady progress on implementing your initiative.
If you think you may be interested but want to learn more, I encourage you to fill out the brief application. We’ll schedule a time to chat about how coaching would work in your situation and then you can decide if it’s the right next step for you.
I look forward to working with you to influence change in your organization! If you have any questions, please contact me.
Best wishes for a successful change initiative,