This weekend I attended my 20-year high school reunion. It was fun to see everyone, now quite a bit older and wiser. Here are a few lessons I took away from the event.
- Time changes everyone, albeit in different ways. The rigors of life leave an imprint on all of us that no one can escape.
- People remain themselves. What you will become is already in you.
- A common experience brings diverse people together.
- Forgive an offense that was due to circumstance or ignorance. And it almost always is.
- Things happen just the way they are meant to.
- Friends will always be good for hugs, encouragement and support.
- Memories are precious. It’s easier, and more accurate, to remember together than apart.
- It is not possible to start over. It is possible to begin again.
- Believing people can change is instrumental in growing relationships.
- People caught on camera with each other are bonded together in real life.
Thanks for the memories, Reed High Class of 1992 – the old ones and the new ones!