Last week, I hosted a free webinar called “How Change Gets Stuck.” In the webinar, I shared ten ways change gets stuck – that is, ten things we do or things we let happen as change practitioners that make our initiative lose traction. Watch the webinar to see which of the ten ways may be impacting your own initiative. You can watch the recording here:
In order to get and stay unstuck, the goal is to make you and your change IRRESISTIBLE. As a change agent, you can design and influence irresistible change by focusing on five areas:
- Define the Change: Clarify what really needs to change in order to achieve the desired results for your organization.
- Uncover and Reduce Resistance: Anticipate how people will react to change so you can reduce backlash, and handle resistance when it happens.
- Gain Leadership Support: Navigate the roles and relationships of change to get leaders to help you implement change.
- Design and Communicate Change: Create the structural elements that will drive change and develop a plan to pinpoint communication.
- Sharpen Your Influence: Leverage your personal power and develop the skills to make an impact with both individuals and groups.
If you are interested in learning more about each of these topics in depth, get your copy of the Influence Change at Work™ Toolkit.