Spinning your wheels trying to implement change at work?
Ready to gain some traction?
People who implement change at work use common phrases to describe the frustration they feel at times:
Banging my head against the wall.
Spinning my wheels.
Walking through quicksand.
Pushing a boulder uphill.
In other words, it seems like a lot of effort for little or no result. Sound familiar?
After years of working with change agents, I’ve observed that when they describe their situation this way, it’s because their change is stuck. They’ve tried what they thought would work, and change hasn’t happened at the scale they expected.
And while being stuck during change may seem normal, it’s certainly not inevitable.
My work with clients falls into two categories:
- Helping those whose change initiatives are stuck get unstuck.
- Helping others avoid getting stuck in the first place.
Over the years, I’ve developed a set of activities and templates to help clients plan ahead to reduce obstacles and deal effectively with challenges when they do happen. My approach focuses your effort on the things you need to do so your change initiative can continue making progress, without getting stuck.
And you can get these tools for yourself in the Irresistible Change Guide!
IRRESISTIBLE CHANGE GUIDE™
DESIGN & INFLUENCE CHANGE
WITHOUT GETTING STUCK
The Irresistible Change Guide provides a straightforward model for thinking about and organizing your change efforts. It includes more than 35 exercises and templates to help you clarify your change, uncover and reduce resistance, gain support, and design ways to influence change on large and small scales.
Let me answer a few questions for you:
Who is this for?
If you are responsible for changing the way other people work without being their boss, then this guide is written especially for you.
Here’s how a few individuals and teams have used the Irresistible Change Guide:
- A management team came to agreement on what really needed to change in their company. They focused their efforts and dramatically improved results.
- A human resources executive identified why their HRIS implementation had stalled, and developed a way to successfully reboot the project.
- A project team clarified the impact their enterprise-wide project would have on employees. As a result, they were able to anticipate resistance and develop a program that successfully addressed it.
- A program manager felt her job was in limbo until she used the Irresistible Change Guide to identify how to gain sponsorship and and leadership support for her initiative.
- An operations team recognized that improving quality was going to take more than process improvements. They used the Irresistible Change Guide to develop a program to change the culture.
- A Lean Six Sigma trainer licensed the Irresistible Change Guide to help clients implement their training once they went back to work.
After working with people in roles as diverse as HR, IT, strategic planning, project management, process improvement, sustainability and change management, I’ve discovered that every change agent faces common challenges, and the approaches to overcoming them is the same.
While there is no one size fits all prescription, the Irresistible Change Guide helps you ask and answer the questions that will help you and your team customize the solutions to the change you seek to implement in your organization. No matter what your change initiative is or what role you play in the organization, this workbook will work for you.
What will it help me do?
Most change management books tell you what high-level activities you should do and why. Many change agents still struggle to figure out how to translate those principles into specific steps they can do themselves. The Irresistible Change Guide bridges that gap with exercises that help you apply the principles to your unique situation. As a result of completing the Irresistible Change Guide, you will:
- Clarify what really needs to change in your organization to achieve the desired result
- Pinpoint the underlying causes of resistance and determine how to reduce or eliminate them
- Define whose support you need and figure out how to get it
- Figure out which systems, programs and tools will drive the change forward
- Determine the practical steps you can take to shift individuals and groups
- Build your personal influence in your organization.
Check out the sidebar to see what other change agents have said after using the Irresistible Change Guide.
Two years ago, I introduced this methodology in the Irresistible Change Guide™ — published in a giant 3-ring binder. Now I’m relaunching it — with even more activities and templates — as a more functional workbook.
The Irresistible Change Guide will relaunch on August 12.
Pre-order your toolkit today!
You’ll get free registration to the Define Your Change webinar on September 17.
Using the Irresistible Change Guide, you can implement change yourself with these options:
No matter which option you choose, the time you will save by using the templates is worth more than the price alone, but the real value of the Irresistible Change Guide is the impact you will make by bringing about results.
What is included?
You have three options to choose from to get the assistance you need:
The Irresistible Change Guide Workbook is the spiral bound workbook, which includes more than 35 paper templates, assessments, and charts to help you design the elements of change, such as:
- Status Quo Inventory
- Future State Outlook
- Change Impact Assessment
- Resistance Assessment
- Leadership Support Chart
- Communication Plan
- Scorecard Template
- Conversation Starter Guide
- and much more!
The Irresistible Change Guide Templates are available as an immediate electronic download:
- 35+ PDF templates so you can print out as many clean copies as you need
- PowerPoint templates you can customize and share with others in your organization
- Four quick reference guides of the most popular content.
The Irresistible Change Guide Toolkit combines the spiral bound workbook plus the templates and saves you $25!
Plus, when you pre-order by August 12, you’ll be automatically enrolled for FREE in the Define Your Change webinar on September 17 – normally $75.
I am so excited about the Irresistible Change Guide and what it can do for you. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to answer them for you.
Order the Irresistible Change Guide™ risk-free! If for any reason you are dissatisfied, return the workbook within 30 days to receive a full refund.
May your change initiative and your influence be truly irresistible!
Note: If you are a consultant or training organization interested in using the Irresistible Change Guide™ as part of your services, or if you are building an internal change methodology and would like to incorporate all or part of the Irresistible Change Guide™ into your approach, please contact me for bulk pricing or licensing.