After motivating people with the vision and a sense of urgency, they will understand the What and the Why. They may still be left wondering, How? To that end, provide useful tools to facilitate the change.
Some examples of useful tools to help people change are:
- Meeting facilitation toys and games
- Tracking forms for strategic measures
- Interactive meeting notes
- Forms and templates to complete the job
- Easy-to-find and easy-to-use instructions and flowcharts
- Effective reports
What defines a useful tool will vary by change initiative. Some people will want to find their own way, so work with them to create something that will work. Others may not have the time to figure it out from scratch, and will be grateful that you didn’t leave them to their own devices.
What tools might you provide?
Read more of the 99 Ways to Influence Change.