Often, some people in the organization are on board with the change and would like to modify their activities and behaviors, but too much stands in their way! To enable change, you need to remove obstacles. Consider the following:
- Not enough time to add a new activity to their routine and to move through the learning curve
- Outdated rules, policies and procedures
- Insufficient equipment, tools or software
- Lack of support from managers*
Help employees who are advocating for the change to identify the barriers to change. Then, work to get these obstacles out of the way!
What obstacles might you remove?
Read more of the 99 Ways to Influence Change.
* Need to increase management support for change? Find out how in the Beyond Buy-in Workbook.